Setting the Prayer Bar High for Kids

ChurchLeaders | 7/12/2018 | Staff
n.king (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/7.13.CHILDREN.CC.SettingPrayerBarHigh.jpg

Kids are the church of today and if we give them a chance to actively participate in prayer we may just be blown away.

Last night our church hosted a night of dedicated prayer to take place in over 40-50 homes all over the city of Birmingham, Alabama.

Prayer - Discipline - Night - Reasons - Night

While prayer is probably my weakest spiritual discipline, I was so looking forward to this night for several reasons. The first is that the night was all about prayer; not fellowship and food, which are two things Baptist churches have seemed to master. Secondly, these groups were a great mix of people from all ages and walks of life. Lastly, the kids weren’t dropped off at a nursery or childcare, they were invited to the night of prayer. It was quite a night. Let me just say, we had church!

As a ministry leader, I learned that we are setting the bar too low for kids and prayer. Oh I get it and I understand the questions. Several people asked me for confirmation that kids were really invited. i immediately exclaimed “Yes, we are having church like in Jesus’ day -gathering together to hear and seek him and not divide into age groups scattered all over buildings.”

Kids - Hour - Straight

Kids Praying for An Hour Straight!

Then there were those who doubted kids would be able to focus on prayer for a whole hour. To be honest, I wondered that myself. (I don’t sit still well, and let’s just say I may have wiggled more than the kids at my designated home.) Then next was the question we all knew was coming (this time from a child, but we can imagine some adults were thinking it, too) “Do we have to pray out loud?”

Prayers - Kids

Prayers from Kids:

“God let the lost look to You and bow down to You.”

God - Help

“God help...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: