Black man told to leave pool at his apartment complex in Indianapolis

Mail Online | 7/13/2018 | Hannah Moore For Dailymail.com
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/13/00/4E2D0AF100000578-0-image-a-13_1531438131709.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/12/8113096763600160846/1024x576_MP4_8113096763600160846.mp4

A black man was asked to leave his apartment complex pool in Indianapolis last Friday after refusing to give his exact address to a security guard.

Shayne Holland, who had lived in the complex for more than a year, had been to the gym and was relaxing on a seat nearby the pool when he was approached by a guard, who was also an off-duty cop.

Indianapolis - Star - Woman - Address - Holland

He told the Indianapolis Star the woman approached him and asked for his address without identifying herself. Holland said he showed her his key to the pool area – something only available to residents – but declined to give her his exact address.

In a video filmed by Holland, he is seen explaining why he won't tell the off-duty policewoman his address, and his property manager Candace soon arrives on the scene.

Pair - Greet - Name - Candace - Confirms

The pair greet each other by name, and Candace confirms he is a resident, going as far as to mention his mother's purse is in her office for him to collect.

Despite their clearly personable relationship, Holland is still asked to leave the pool area for refusing to answer the security guard's questions.

'I - Ordeal - Candace - Star

'I thought the ordeal would be over [when Candace arrived],' he told the Star.

'Obviously that wasn't the case and I was told to leave anyway. I was frustrated and I do feel like I was [racially] profiled.'

Holland - Guard - Anyone - Pool - Area

Holland claimed the guard had not spoken to anyone else in the pool area, further noting the other patrons were white.

Speaking to WRTV, he said he 'didn't want to jump to racism', but couldn't help but notice he was the only black person at the pool and had been the only one ejected.

Barrett - Stokely - Company - River - Crossing

Barrett & Stokely, the company that manages the River Crossing complex, said they were taking Holland's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.