A Redditor reveals the hilarious behind the scenes reality of achieving this classic wedding photo

Business Insider | 7/12/2018 | Madison Vanderberg, INSIDER
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b47d9677708e9625e3fc92b-960-480.jpg

Janessa James went viral when a wedding photo action shot showed her diving into the ground.

The bridesmaid said she's always tasked with bizarre assignments at weddings.

James - Wedding - Photo

James explained how this classic and hilarious wedding photo came to be.

Wedding photo fails are so popular online that some couples are now orchestrating their own bridal photography goofs, but when spontaneity strikes a perfect match with the shutter speed, you get wedding photo gold.

Year - Wedding - Image - Couple - Wedding

A year ago, an iconic wedding image surfaced to Reddit that showed a happy couple posing for their wedding photos and a young woman literally diving to the ground seemingly trying to escape the marital bliss.

That young woman in the photo was Redditor Janessa James who shared the action shot online with the very meme-friendly caption: "This is how I am currently feeling about wedding and engagement season coming up."

World - Questions - Photo

Obviously the world had so many questions, but mostly — how did this photo happen?

According to James, the story behind the photo is simply that she's a really good friend and an even better bridesmaid.

Photo - Friend - Bridals - Reddit - Image

"Yes, this is an actual photo of me (extremely single) helping my best friend with her bridals," she captioned the Reddit image from the December 2015 wedding photoshoot. "The photographer asked me to throw her train up and then dive out of the shot, and so I did. Very theatrically."

The bridal photo shoot took place near Sundance, Utah and James told ABC News that her friend Amy Lewis — the bride — wanted "windswept photos that looked super romantic," so James — the bridesmaid — was tasked with making it happen.

Photographer

"The photographer told me...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...