‘Jesus Christ Superstar’s John Legend On Inching Toward EGOT With Emmy Nom

Deadline | 7/12/2018 | Matt Grobar
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/nup_182409_0529.jpg?w=605

Winning an Oscar for Original Song with Selma’s “Glory,” a Tony forJitney and several Grammys over the years, John Legend landed his first Emmy nomination today for his portrayal of Jesus in NBC’s live, televised adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, pushing him even further toward the rare EGOT honor.

RelatedJohn Legend Took On Asian Tour Weeks Before 'Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert' — Tribeca...

Deadline - Singer-songwriter - Turns - Career - Date

Speaking with Deadline, the singer-songwriter admitted that he could never have foreseen the turns his career has taken to date. “When I started my career, I just wanted to make some really great songs and albums and hopefully win some Grammys,” Legend said. “This recent turn of events is really exciting, but this is nothing, at the beginning of my career, that I would have ever bet on.”

Taking on the challenge of a live televised musical for the first time, Legend didn’t make things easy on himself, setting out on a pre-planned Asian tour in the middle of his rehearsal period. “That was really the biggest challenge, combining those two things back to back, one in the middle of the other. It was pretty intense for me physically, just trying to stay healthy and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!