Once Upon a Time, John Kerry and Joe Biden Disapproved of Germany-Russia Pipeline

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 7/12/2018 | Mary Chastain
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/John-Kerry-Meet-the-Press-6-4-17.jpg

The left and Resistance lost their minds when President Donald Trump had the nerve to say that because of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline “Germany is captive of Russia “.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry lashed out at Trump for his “disgraceful” comments.

Years - Kerry - Concern - Pipeline - Union

Weird…only two years ago, Kerry expressed concern over this exact same pipeline as he sat with high-level European Union officials! Former Vice President Joe Biden made similar remarks around the same time.

On May 4, 2016, as he sat with EU High Representative Federica Mogherini and Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz, Kerry said (emphasis mine):

Ukraine - Dependency - Russia - Gas - Time

We’ve helped Ukraine reduce its dependency on Russia for gas. And for the first time this past winter, Ukraine received more natural gas from Europe than from Russia, which shows what can happen when you put a strategy in place. In the past month, the United States exported our first LNG cargoes around the world, including to Europe, and I just got notice the other day from Amos Hochstein that one of them, I think, has made port. And so this is now a big step forward.

In our meetings today, we’re going to take stock on the progress that we’re making. We’re going to try to focus on what’s next. We want to have an unstilted, open kind of dialogue, and try to not just move forward with the implementation of the Paris agreement, but expand the use of clean energy worldwide and thereby bolster energy independence in the EU, as well as find new ways to assist Ukraine. And we’re also going to discuss one other specific issue of deep concern to me and to everybody here, and I think that’s the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. This project has provoked a very heated debate on both sides of the Atlantic, and we are convinced...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.