CNN political director: Strzok's claim that Trump texts aren't biased 'flat wrong on its face'

MSN | 7/12/2018 | Joe Concha
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAzYYeF.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f&f=jpg&x=601&y=151&imgtype=.jpg

CNN political director David Chalian said Thursday that FBI agent Peter Strzok's assertion that anti-Trump texts he sent to another FBI official in 2016 do not indicate bias "is just flat wrong on his face."

Chalian was referring to an explosive text exchange between Strzok and FBI official Lisa Page, with whom he was reportedly having an affair, in which Strzok called then-candidate Donald Trump's behavior "horrible" and "disgusting."

Y - Ou - Nothing - Text - E-mail

"...[Y]ou should put nothing in text or e-mail that you are not comfortable seeing on the front page of 'The New York Times' or on CNN's banner," Chalian said during an interview on the network Thursday.

Chalian's remarks come the same day Strzok faced off with GOP members of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees. Strzok, who is testifying on Capitol Hill under subpoena, was faced with several heated exchanges during the day's questioning.

Strzok - Mission - Today - Line - 'I

"Strzok's mission today, is try to walk this line of 'I have personal political views, it didn't impact my work at all,'" Chalian said. "That may be true, but when he says that those texts, quote, 'not indicative of bias,' that's just flat wrong on its face. It is indicative of bias.

Strzok was accused of anti-Trump bias by President Trump and his Republican allies after the text messages came to light in a highly anticipated report from the Justice Department's internal watchdog last month. The watchdog concluded that no evidence of bias affected the investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server.

Point - Bias - Work - Conduct - Capacity

"I understand his point is, 'Well, that bias didn't infiltrate into my work, into my conduct in the professional capacity,' but you can understand why, when you look at the language of those texts, that it's very...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MSN
Wake Up To Breaking News!