Henry Cavill Is Scared to Flirt with Women Because He'll Be 'Called a Rapist or Something'

PEOPLE.com | 7/12/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/henry-cavill.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1372px,720.3px&resize=1200,630

Henry Cavill triggered a social media backlash over comments he made about how the #MeToo movement has changed the way he approaches dating.

In a new interview with GQ Australia, the Justice League actor, 35, revealed that in light of the recent movement, he was hesitant to pursue relationships with women for fear of being called “a rapist or something.”

Cavill - Microscope - Today - Someone - Light

“I like to think that I’ve never been like that,” Cavill remarked, before adding that it’s only natural to question yourself when putting your past under a microscope. “I think any human being alive today, if someone casts too harsh a light on anything, you could be like ‘Well, OK, yeah when you say it like that, maybe.”

While the actor went on to say “stuff has to change, absolutely,” he also spoke about how it’s important to “retain the good things, which were a quality of the past,” like chasing after women.

Something - Man - Woman - Approach - Woman

“There’s something wonderful about a man chasing a woman. There’s a traditional approach to that, which is nice,” he remarked. “I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I’m old-fashioned for thinking that.”

“It’s very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it’s like: ‘Well, I don’t want to go up and talk to her, because I’m going to called a rapist or something.’ So you’re like, ‘Forget it, I’m going to call an ex-girlfriend instead, and just go back to a relationship, which never really worked,” he continued.

Situation - Way - Fires - ****

Although he admitted putting himself in that situation wasn’t ideal, “it’s way safer than casting myself into the fires of ****,” he explained.

“I’m someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what’s going to happen?” he added. “Now? Now you really can’t pursue someone further than, ‘No’....
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!