Kim Kardashian made $500,000 for a SINGLE Instagram endorsement

Mail Online | 7/12/2018 | Carly Stern For Dailymail.com
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/12/15/4E29D7C400000578-0-image-a-35_1531406394842.jpg

Stars and influencers can make a whole lot of money for posting endorsements and ads on social media, but few command as much cash as Kim Kardashian.

According to STAT, the 37-year-old made a jaw-dropping $500,000 in 2015 for teaming up with a drug company to shill morning sickness pills on her Instagram page — which, at the time, amounted to a single post.

Duchesnay - Company - Morning - Sickness - Pill

Duchesnay, the company behind the morning sickness pill Diclegis, paid her half a million dollars for the ad, which ended up causing them some trouble when Kim's post prompted a warning letter from the US Food and Drug Administration.

Several of the Kardashian/Jenner women — including Kim, Khloe, and Kylie in particular — have scored big bucks by endorsing products on social media.

Posts - Backlash - Kim - Lollipop - Year

Sometimes, though, their posts have inspired backlash, like when Kim promoted an appetite-suppressant lollipop earlier this year.

But as it turns out, the star may have caused the most trouble with her highest-earning endorsement.

Duchesnay - Kim - Dollars - Diclegis - Media

In 2015, Duchesnay paid Kim half a million dollars to promote Diclegis. As with many social media promotional deals, the company wrote out text for Kim to include in the caption of the post.

The problem was that the text only included the upsides of the drug — not the potential side effects. And as anyone who has seen an ad for medicine in the US knows, they're required to list all of the possible side-effects.

Consumerist - Kim - Post - 'OMG - Morningsickness

According to Consumerist, Kim's post simply said: 'OMG. Have you heard about this? As you guys know my #morningsickness has been pretty bad. I tried changing things about my lifestyle, like my diet, but nothing helped, so I talked to my doctor.

'He prescribed me #Diclegis, and I felt a lot better and most importantly, it’s been studied and there was no increased risk to the baby. I’m...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!