21st Century Fox Given Clearance To Buy Sky By British Government

Deadline | 7/12/2018 | Peter White
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/sky.jpg?w=605

The British government has cleared the way for 21st Century Fox’s possible takeover of European pay-TV operator Sky – hours after rival Comcast topped its bid.

RelatedSky Moves Into Tween World With Ella Balinska-Fronted Model Drama 'The Athena'

Culture - Secretary - Jeremy - Wright - Matt

The recently installed Culture Secretary Jeremy Wright, who took over from Matt Hancock earlier this week, has reviewed the process and has found that it is “scrupulously clear, fair and transparent”, paving the way for Rupert Murdoch’s Hollywood studio to follow through with a deal.

He said, “Having taken over as the Secretary of State with responsibility for media public interest cases I have reviewed the process regarding the proposed merger between 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Sky Plc (Sky). I am content that DCMS and the relevant parties have ensured a scrupulously clear, fair and transparent process and I can now therefore inform the House of the final decisions made by my predecessor as Secretary of State. These decisions were made in a quasi-judicial capacity.”

Publication - Undertakings - Stage - Interest - Consideration

“The publication of the undertakings marks the final stage of the public interest consideration of this case. It is right that Ofcom, the CMA and my Department have taken such care in ensuring the bid is properly and effectively scrutinised. It is now...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!