7 Commonalities of Healthy Teams

Ron Edmondson | 7/17/2015 | Ron Edmondson
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Fotolia_78306451_XS.jpg

What fosters team spirit? What makes a healthy team?

All of us want to serve on healthy teams. Every good leader I know would want to lead a healthy team.

Vision - Team

Most of us understand progress towards a vision is more possible if a healthy team is working together.

Also, all of us want to go home at night feeling we’ve done our best, we are appreciated for our efforts, and are ready to go at it again tomorrow. And, those emotions come best when we are serving on a healthy team.

How do we get there?

There are also seasons for every team. There will be seasons, maybe even because of external influences, where a healthy team is not as healthy as it once was. Among the healthy teams on which I’ve served though, the people and personalities were different, but there have been some commonalities I could clearly identify.

Commonalities - Teams

Here are 7 commonalities of healthy teams:

Clear mission, vision and strategy. To feel a part of the team, people need to know where the team is going, why they are going there, and what their role is on the team. An understanding of the overall goals and objectives fuels energy. When the big picture objective is understood each team member is more willing to pull together to accomplish the mission, because they know the why and can better understand where they fit on the team.

Celebratory - Laughter - Community - Team - Time

Celebratory atmosphere. Laughter builds community. A team needs time just to have fun together. And, there needs to be a freedom for spontaneous (and planned) celebration. People need to feel appreciated for their work and that their participation is making a positive difference. On healthy teams no one every person is valued for their contributions. Encouragement is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ron Edmondson
Wake Up To Breaking News!