How to Thrive as a Type-B Pastor

LifeWay Pastors | 7/12/2018 | Guest Contributor
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ministrysites/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2018/07/05084752/Type-B-pastors.jpg

The man’s desk was impressive. It was big, shiny, and obviously very expensive. But what was more impressive to me was how clean it was. No stacks of paper, no post it notes, nothing except a computer and a legal pad. I had come to visit a local business man to talk about some issues that he could offer advice on. He gave good advice, but when I left I kept that thinking about that clean desk.

I did pass several assistants on the way in, to be sure. But I could have the same number of assistants and my desk would still be filled with post it notes, books half read, and lots of piles of paper. It’s just the way my mind works. I still manage to get everything done, but I’m as Type-B as they come. No matter how hard I try, I’ll never be one of those Type-A pastors who finish their to do list every day. It’s not for lack of trying. I have read all about ‘Getting Things Done” and I have tried most of the best to-do apps out there. It helps a little bit, but at the end I’m just a slightly more organized version of myself. Being Type-B is not just a matter of administration, though. As a Type-B person I enjoy thinking about the future but I have problems exciting plans to make that future happen. I’m laid back which is good, except when it’s time to focus and get things done.

Type-A - Model - Type-A - Need - Type-B

This is not to say that Type-A’s are the model, either. Some of you Type-A’s need to loosen up, and some of us Type-B’s need to tighten up some more. God calls all types of men to pastor. As a single pastor in a small church, there are always lots...
(Excerpt) Read more at: LifeWay Pastors
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: