False Converts & Confrontational Blogging

Tim Challies | 7/12/2018 | Staff
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ÉPICO_-África.png

Today we are back in Johannesburg, South Africa and Kitwe, Zambia, where I was asked the questions, “how do you interact with people when you think they might be false converts?” and “Is there a place for ‘calling out’ unbiblical teaching from other believers in blogging?” These are my answers.

How do you interact with people that you believe might be false converts?

People - Thing - Conundrum - Jehovah - Witnesses

It is very hard to tell people who think they’re saved that they may not be saved. That’s a very, very difficult thing to do. I mean really, it’s the same conundrum you face when Jehovah’s Witnesses or Mormons come knocking on your door as they do very often, right, is that they come convinced they’ve got the truth. One of the brilliant things about Canada now is the whole world is moving to Canada, especially to Toronto. 51, 52% of the people who live in Toronto now were born in a different country. Very few of them believe they’re Christians. So it’s just wide open. Not only that but the longtime Canadians there have completely, utterly rejected the Gospel. So it’s so easy. I spoke to my friends class, he goes to a government school, a public school. I don’t think a single one of those kids had ever really heard about Jesus or the Bible before. In some ways that makes it easier, right, because you don’t have to undo all this bad stuff. You don’t have to try and undo all the promises of the prosperity gospel and say why, no God doesn’t promise us that. He promises something better. So I think it’s very, very difficult to draw people back who are already immersed in false Christianity.

But I think what I’ve seen successful and I really think that’s part of this reformed resurgence that’s been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!