Richard Bacon, 42, reveals he's got pneumonia as he shares snap from hospital bed

Mail Online | 7/12/2018 | Lily Waddell For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/12/01/4E24763800000578-0-image-a-34_1531355585757.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/04/09/3108928388423897022/1024x576_MP4_3108928388423897022.mp4

Richard Bacon revealed he was in hospital with pneumonia as he shared a shocking snap from his Lewisham Hospital bed on Instagram over the weekend.

The axed Blue Peter presenter, 42, confessed he thought the lung disorder was something people contracted in their 80s.

Hospital - Bed - Grinning - Broadcaster - Wires

From his hospital bed, the grinning broadcaster could be seen with nine wires strapped to his shirtless chest.

Richard informed his fans: 'Looks like l've got pneumonia. Although I thought that was for people in their 80s.'

Sun - Television - Personality - Pneumonia - Lungs

The Sun reported that the television personality was suffering with pneumonia across 'two lungs'.

Pneumonia is an inflammatory condition of the lung and symptoms include: dry coughs, chest pain, fever and trouble breathing.

Radio - Personality - Light - UK - NHS

The radio personality tried to make light when he joked he was glad he got ill in the UK where there is a good NHS.

He wrote on Twitter: 'Thank God I got ill in Britain (actually on the way to Britain, was taken off the plane in a wheelchair).

Ideology - Politicians - America - Healthcare - System

'F**k all the ideology driven politicians who’ve messed up America’s healthcare system. Viva the NHS. Happy 70th.'

He also joked on Instagram: 'It’s the NHS’s 70th birthday today. I hate to miss a party.'

MailOnline - Richard - Bacon - Representatives

MailOnline has approached Richard Bacon's representatives for further...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep