Trump Is Speaking for the Forgotten American

CNS News | 7/11/2018 | Staff
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/trump_wearing_usa_hat_stern_look_youtube_screenshot_8.png

I’m not with President Trump in Europe this week, but I don’t need to be – he’s doing just fine and representing my interests well. It seems that Donald Trump reserves a seat on Air Force One for the Forgotten American when he travels overseas.

That Forgotten American must have been whispering in Trump’s ear at a breakfast meeting when Trump urged NATO countries, as he has done previously, to meet their defense spending commitments to the alliance. He reflected on NATO’s purpose – to prevent Russian aggression – and wondered aloud why U.S. taxpayers should pay billions to protect Germany and other NATO countries – when Germany is enriching Russia with an energy deal.

Point - Trump - Haters - MSNBC - Disagreed

A fair point, I thought. The Trump haters on MSNBC disagreed. Former Ambassador Nicholas Burns said it was “infuriating” to watch the President defend his country’s interests and labeled his remarks “diplomatic malpractice.” Joe Scarborough preferred the President stay silent. “This,” Scarborough explained, “was supposed to be just a photo-op.”

Well, Trump did it again. He defended American taxpayers when he wasn’t supposed to. He conveyed a concern of the Deplorables rather than quietly sipping his latte. Shame on you, Mr. President.

Trip - Europe - Months - Office - Trump

On this trip to Europe, and during his first 18 months in office, Trump has been making it clear that we will no longer be tethered to rules and institutions that disadvantage the U.S.

He’s demanded that NATO partners pay their share for collective security, and they are finally beginning to respond. Last year, 27 of 28 NATO partners increased their defense spending, but there’s still a long way to go. In addition, Trump has questioned the expense and utility of keeping nearly 35,000 U.S. troops in Germany. He’s done the same with South Korea and asked if our 24,000 service members might be safer and more comfortable...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: