6 reasons you need a smart sprinkler

CNET | 7/11/2018 | Andrew Gebhart
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/THgNkD3A5fGH9k86Qe-2R0rA5lE=/670x503/2016/06/27/622b5996-9a63-4911-bde8-4aafb4d13942/how-to-sprinkler-4.jpg

Time to smarten up your sprinkler.

For many smart home devices, deciding whether or not you need them is a matter of preference. I understand if you'd rather get up and flip off a light switch instead of pulling out your phone and doing the same thing with an app. But a handful of categories offer so many benefits, that they're worth the upgrade for all -- think smart thermostats and their energy savings along with their significant improvements to ease-of-use.

Sprinklers - Category - Home - Upgrades - Smart

I'm here to tell you that smart sprinklers belong in the no-brainer category of smart home upgrades. Seriously. Smart sprinklers might not be anywhere near the top of your list when you think of connected devices, but if you have an in-ground sprinkler system, you need one. Here are six reasons why.

Read more: Everything you need to know to grow a healthy garden.

Part - Devices - Sprinklers - App - Sprinklers

This part's obvious. Like most connected devices, you can control smart sprinklers with an app. Smart sprinklers are designed to replace the existing sprinkler controller for your in-ground sprinkler system. Some can **** onto an ordinary faucet, and I quite liked the Orbit B-hyve Faucet Timer, but you'll get the most benefit from a smart sprinkler if it's powering the existing watering system that covers your yard. Replacing an existing controller is usually easy enough. Then you just need to use the app to connect your new smart sprinkler to Wi-Fi and you're up and running.

The apps for the Rachio Smart Sprinkler (both the second- and third-gen sprinklers) and the Orbit B-hyve are particularly intuitive. You can set up schedules, see a watering calendar, and turn your sprinklers on or off with the push of a button.

Orbit - App

Orbit's app is detailed and helpful.

All of these app-enabled features are a significant upgrade from walking to the shed and fussing with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: