One in five sexual assaults in NSW committed by people the victim met on online dating apps Tinder

Mail Online | 7/11/2018 | Kate Darvall For Daily Mail Australia
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/11/03/4E1B795700000578-0-image-a-31_1531276857190.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/10/6777020708479255048/1024x576_MP4_6777020708479255048.mp4

One in five sexual assaults are committed by someone the victim met on Tinder or a similar online dating tool, alarming new findings reveal.

The rise in strangers wanting to meet through dating apps has called for new safety precautions to be put in place at pubs and hotels across the country.

Campaign - New - South - Wales - Tuesday

A new campaign launched in New South Wales on Tuesday encourages women to 'Ask for Angela' at pubs and bars if they feel unsafe or at risk on a date.

The campaign was the result of a study by the Central Metropolitan Region New South Wales Police.

Police - Assault - Cases - Sydney - CBD

The police researched recent sexual assault cases in Sydney's CBD, Newtown, Kings Cross and Darlinghurst, and discovered alarming correlations between sexual assault and online dating.

In half the cases of sexual assault reported to NSW Police, the perpetrator was known to the victim, through a dating app, through work or was a 'friend of a friend', The Daily Telegraph reported.

National - Crime - Agency - Report - Rapport

A National Crime Agency report found online chatting built rapport between people before they even met, and put them at risk because they had built a false trust.

The findings come after a young doctor was stabbed and doused in petrol by a man she met on Tinder.

Angela - Jay - Paul - Lambert - Home

Angela Jay, 28, was brutally attacked by Paul Lambert, 36, when he broke into her home at Port Macquarie on the NSW Mid-North Coast in November 2016.

Lambert waited for Dr Jay to come home from work at the local hospital and jumped out and grabbed her when she tried to enter the home.

Run - Course - Knife - Hands - Blood

'So I just made a run for it. He of course caught me and then I just suddenly saw this knife in his hands and I didn't actually feel him stabbing me but I could see the blood when I looked down,' she told...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.