Vet with a passion for deep sea diving rushed to the Thai football team's aid after call for help

Mail Online | 7/11/2018 | Max Margan For Daily Mail Australia
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/11/06/4E1B698100000578-0-image-a-2_1531286529482.jpg

A Perth vet was the second Australian hero who played a pivotal role in the daring rescue of 12 boys trapped in a Thailand cave.

Dr Craig Challen, a close friend of Adelaide anaesthetist Richard Harris, is one of Australia's leading technical divers.

Doctors - Australians - Conditions - Boys - Tham

The two doctors were among 19 Australians who braved treacherous conditions to extract the remaining boys from the flooded Tham Luang cave system in southern Thailand on Tuesday.

They belong to an informal group of divers who call themselves the 'Wet Mules', together taking on some of the world's deepest caves.

Years - Dr - Challen - Vet - Magazine

'There are about six of us who have dived together for the past 15 years,' Dr Challen told Vet Magazine in 2015.

'During an expedition, we are often on site camping for a couple of weeks.

Share - Experience - People

'You want to share that experience with like-minded people you trust.'

Dr Challen is 'one of Australia's most accomplished deep cave and wreck divers' who also owns 'Australia's best shed', his Wet Mule profile said.

Record - Depth - Pearse - Resurgence - New

In 2012, he set an Australasian record when he reached a depth of 220m at Pearse Resurgence in New Zealand.

'When I'm going for a dive, it doesn't have to be a big site. Often you can dive in caves that have been well explored and find another little passage off to the side,' he said.

Expeditions - Dive - Completed

'That can be just as exciting as the really big expeditions. My favourite dive is always the one I've just completed.'

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop was full of praise for Dr Challen and Dr Harris, who...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.