YALE PROF: BRETT KAVANAUGH IS AN ORIGINALIST LIKE JUSTICE CLARENCE THOMAS

dailycaller.com | 7/10/2018 | Staff
maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Yale-Prof-Liberal-Case-For-Brett-Kavanaugh-e1531257525703.jpg

A Yale professor joined Neil Cavuto on Fox News Tuesday to make the case for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, saying he would judge according to the Constitution.

“Judge Kavanaugh is more of a originalist and that’s not a bad thing. That is something that actually — I got my constitution here — who cares a lot especially about the text and the original history and understanding of the Constitution,” said Akhil Reed Amar, a professor at Yale Law School.

Amar - Kavanaugh - Supreme - Court - Justice

Amar went on to compare Kavanaugh to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, saying that they are constitutional originalists.

“Clarence Thomas is a better originalist than Justice Scalia was because Clarence Thomas was more open to read his history books and historical scholarship and I think Judge Kavanaugh, when he’s Justice Kavanaugh, when he does, will be very open to reading good historical scholarship, trying to give...
(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!