Suicide Bombing Kills Twelve in Afghanistan, Islamic State Claims Responsibility

Washington Free Beacon | 7/10/2018 | Jeffrey Cimmino
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GettyImages-995084920-e1531235208790.jpg

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

The Islamic State claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing in eastern Afghanistan on Tuesday. The attack killed 12 people, including two intelligence service agents and ten civilians.

Attack - Jalalabad - Capital - ABC - News

The attack occurred in Jalalabad, the provincial capital, ABC News reports. In addition to the 12 killed, five others were wounded, according to a spokesman for the provincial governor.

Sohrab Qaderi, a member of the provincial council, said "most of the victims were children who were working at a car wash close to the suicide bombing site."

Troops - Afghanistan - Part - Resolute - Support

Approximately 14,000 American troops are stationed in Afghanistan as part of the NATO-led Resolute Support operation. The coalition has backed the Afgan government in its fight against IS, Taliban, Al Qaeda, and other militants. U.S. and allied-troops have primarily provided support in the way of training and advising Afghan security forces.

In 2016, Gen. John Nicholson, commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, said air strikes had mostly limited the presence of IS in Afghanistan to Nangarhar province, the location of Tuesday’s suicide bombing. Last year, U.S. officials estimated IS had about 700...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!