Actor Opens Up About Kidnapping and Ransom with Halloween: Resurrection Actress: 'I'm a Survivor'

PEOPLE.com | 7/9/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/joseph-capone.jpg?crop=0px,0px,3349px,1758.225px&resize=1200,630

More than a year after he was abducted, beaten, stripped naked and held for hours inside a “filthy” Los Angeles-area bathroom, actor Joey Capone is breaking his silence on his harrowing ordeal.

Though he was allegedly attacked repeatedly and held without food for more than a day, he says he doesn’t seem himself as a victim.

Survivor - Capone - Good - Morning - America

“I’m a survivor,” Capone said told Good Morning America in an interview that aired Monday. “I think it’s a state of mind. Yeah, that happened. But what’s tomorrow?”

Capone was with actress Daisy McCrackin at her home in South L.A. on May 3, 2017, when they were allegedly kidnapped by Keith Andre Stewart, Johntae Jones and Amber Neal, according to a news release last week from the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office.

Abduction - Capone - Monday - Collar - Driveway

Of the abduction itself, Capone recalled on Monday being “grabbed by the collar” and “dragged” outside, down the driveway and then thrown into the back of a car, “where Daisy was already in the backseat.”

Bags were then put over their heads as they were driven away, he said.

Capone - Ransom - Home - Compton - Captors

Capone said that he was pistol-whipped before being held for ransom in a home in Compton. His captors forced him into a bathroom, he explained, and kept in total darkness. They also put a gun in his mouth more than once, he said.

Authorities said the hostage situation came to an end when McCrackin, perhaps best known for her role in 2002’s Halloween: Resurrection, cut a ransom check for $10,000 to their abductors.

Things - Man - Capone - GMA

“They said things like, ‘If she doesn’t come through man, I don’t know what I’m going to have to do, I don’t know what’s going to happen to you,’ ” Capone said on GMA.

“He [one captor]...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!