Homebuilder whose off-grid home was praised by Kevin McCloud faces battle to save it from council

Mail Online | 7/9/2018 | Keiligh Baker for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/09/12/4E0ED1E800000578-0-image-a-2_1531136719825.jpg

A homebuilder described as 'truly inspiring' by Grand Designs presenter Kevin McCloud is facing a legal battle to save his natural countryside dream.

Eddie McIntosh, 52, has been ordered by council planners to demolish his hand-built wooden classroom, tree house, cabins and even a footbridge on his rural farm near Llandrindod Wells, Mid Wales.

Mr - McIntosh - Channel - Man - Made

Mr McIntosh, who featured in Channel 4's Man Made Home, is now facing a court battle with planners to save the buildings on his 12-acre 'natural holistic farm'.

Father-of-two Mr McIntosh said: 'I'm not harming anybody and the local community is completely behind me. The council is just being officious.'

Retreat - Years - Lifestyle

He began developing his holistic retreat 12 years ago to live a sustainable lifestyle.

And he made a range of buildings by hand out of recycled material - hailed as 'beautiful, a delight, an inspiration' by the TV presenter.

McCloud - Eddie - Luxury

McCloud said: 'What Eddie has concocted here is off-grid luxury and I rather like it.'

Included in his building are a classroom with 26 stained glass windows now called the 'Elixir Room' along with an outdoor spa using recycled baths.

Council - Officials - Buildings - Mellowcroft - Permission

But council officials say the buildings were put up at Mellowcroft did not have planning permission - and have ordered him to get rid of them.

Mr McIntosh, who lives in a converted trailer on the site with his son Cal, 20, said: 'What I'm trying to do is to live a sustainable lifestyle and find a suitable use for a farm in the 21st century.

Anyone

'I'm not harming anyone, I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis