Barbara Windsor Alzheimer's: Pam St Clement can't visit friend

Mail Online | 7/9/2018 | Andrew Bullock For Mailonline
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/09/08/4E0DC30600000578-0-image-a-4_1531123127865.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/21/8341537065852093235/1024x576_MP4_8341537065852093235.mp4

Barbara Windsor's former EastEnders co-star Pam St Clement won't visit the star during her battle with Alzheimer's, fearing that it will 'confuse' her.

According to reports, Barbara, 80, has been getting worse recently, since announcing she has the degenerative disease earlier in the year - and her old friend, 76, has therefore kept away.

Daily - Star - Sunday - 'I - Barbara

Speaking to the Daily Star on Sunday, she said: 'I’m sad I haven’t been able to visit Barbara due to her illness. I have been in constant touch with Scott [Mitchell], Barbara’s husband, but I couldn’t speak to Barbara directly in case it confused her.

'Any plans to see her have also had to be put on hold because she is poorly.'

Friends - Screen - BBC - Soap - Years

The friends shared the screen on the BBC soap for nearly 20 years, with Barbara joining the series in 1994 and Pam leaving the show in 2012.

They shared one final scene together in 2016, when Barbara's character Peggy Mitchell committed suicide, after learning she had terminal cancer.

Point - Pam - Character - Pat - Butcher

By this point, Pam's character Pat Butcher was already dead; but she appeared in the scene as a figment of Peggy's imagination, in her final moments before death.

Another former co-star, Rita Simons, has also claimed recently that Barbara's health has taken a 'real dip'.

Actress - Barbara - Niece - Roxy - Mitchell

The actress - who starred as Barbara's on-screen niece Roxy Mitchell in the long-running soap until 2017 - has admitted she is suffering quite a bit with 'dark days'.

Also speaking to the Daily Star, Rita, 41, said of her former co-sta: 'From what her husband... said to me, she has had a real dip lately.

Confusion - Life - Soul - Room

'What I have seen is more confusion, which is really devastating to watch because she always had her marbles together and was always the life and soul of the room.

'It is an incredibly sad thought that my Aunty Peggy, which is what I've always called...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!