Rees-Mogg twists the knife on May and vows to vote down PM's Chequers plan

Mail Online | 7/9/2018 | John Stevens, Deputy Political Editor For The Daily Mail;Tim Stickings For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/09/01/4E0C389000000578-0-image-a-13_1531097317621.jpg

Jacob Rees-Mogg has revealed he will oppose Theresa May's 'misfounded' Cabinet agreement, as he hit out at the PM in the wake of David Davis's resignation.

The influential backbencher, who leads a 60-strong group of Tory Brexiteers, also warned that other Eurosceptic MPs will follow suit in refusing to support Mrs May.

Tonight - Mistake - Prime - Minister - Cabinet

Tonight he reportedly said that it had been a mistake for the Prime Minister to 'bounce' the Cabinet into supporting her plans, finalised at Chequers on Friday.

Reacting to the resignation of David Davis and two junior ministers, he said: 'This is very important. It raises the most serious questions about the PM's ideas,' Sky News reported.

Steve - Baker - Suella - Braverman - Ministers

Steve Baker and Suella Braverman, junior ministers in the Brexit department, were also reported to have quit the government last night amid speculation that further Cabinet ministers would follow Mr Davis to the exit.

The Brexit rebellion leaves Mrs May in a perilous position as she faces the House of Commons and then a potentially stormy meeting of Tory MPs on Monday.

Mr - Rees-Mogg - May - Plan - Egg

Mr Rees-Mogg has compared May's plan to an egg so softly boiled that it 'isn't boiled at all.'

'A very soft Brexit means that we haven't left, we are simply a rule-taker,' he said.

Daily - Telegraph - Proposals - Others - Same

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, he said: 'If the proposals are as they currently appear, I will vote against them and others may well do the same.'

He went on to describe the Chequers deal as 'the ultimate statement of managing decline'.

'It - Risk - World

He said: 'It focuses on avoiding risk, not on the world...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.
Tagged: