Surgeon to the stars Dr Kristi Funk reveals secrets of keeping your breasts healthy for life

Mail Online | 2/2/2013 | Dr Kristi Funk For The Mail On Sunday
maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/07/22/4E059FAD00000578-0-image-a-14_1531000175963.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/06/1418450360_3627405507001_Breast-Cancer-Symptoms-How-To-Spot-It-Early---Cancer-Research-UK.mp4

You have the power to change your body’s future. I know this for a fact. How? Because as a breast cancer surgeon, who has helped tens of thousands of women navigate breast health issues – including stars like Angelina Jolie and Sheryl Crow – I have seen that we can reduce our breast cancer risk in achievable and dramatic ways.

Up to 90 per cent of the risk factors that determine optimal breast health lie in your hands. So you are in control – not your doctors, genes or fate. You are with your breasts all day long, every day. If you spent that much time with anything or anyone – a child, spouse, pet, even a car – you’d make sure they were in good shape. Why treat your breasts differently?

Organs - Centre - Population - Chests - Health

These two organs are perched front and centre on half the population’s chests; yet breast health remains mysterious. Everyone knows that breasts can grow cancer – it’s the No 1 killer of women aged 20 to 59 – yet there’s never been an informed conversation about how to reduce risk factors and why certain precautions might help.

That’s why I’ve written my book – Breasts: An Owner’s Manual. Rigorous science and first-hand experience back up everything I know to be true about breast cancer risk reduction and care.

Breasts - Years - Director - Patient - Education

I’ve operated on breasts for 22 years and was Director of Patient Education at the Breast Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for seven years. In that time I delved into risk reduction and discovered all sorts of lifestyle game changers.

In 2007, I founded the Pink Lotus Breast Center, fusing cancer screening and diagnosis with preventative strategies and holistic care.

Women - Share - Concerns - Mammogram - Finding

The women I treat are like you. They share your concerns about any new mammogram finding, pain, lump, itch or discharge.

They want to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!