Alabama police rescue 83 dogs from 'deplorable conditions' at puppy mill

Mail Online | 7/9/2018 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/09/06/4E0D5D4D00000578-0-image-a-42_1531115559911.jpg

Eighty-three dogs have been rescued from an Alabama puppy mill local authorities say.

Police were called to the home in Trussville on July 2 where they found dozens of dogs living in what were described as 'deplorable conditions'.

Owners - Business - Selling - Puppies - Parakeets

The owners were reportedly operating a business selling puppies and parakeets over Facebook from the residence.

They voluntarily surrendered 83 dogs to the Greater Birmingham Human Society and paid the shelter's $15 fee for each, racking up a bill of $1245.

Females - Birth - Mill - Number - Dogs

One of the pregnant females gave birth after the mill was raided, so the number of dogs has risen to 89.

As of Friday, all of the birds had also been given away, according to authorities.

GBHS - Volunteers - Donations - Treatment - Grooming

GBHS is asking for volunteers and donations to help provide veterinary treatment and grooming for the animals.

The shelter's Director of Marketing and Outreach Courtney Underwood posted about the incident on Facebook.

Anything - Week

'I’ve never experienced anything quite like what I’ve experienced this week,' she wrote.

'I joined our Animal Control team on site as we took possession of over 80 dogs from a perceived "puppy mill".

Heart

'My heart broke as I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!