Boy's face is left swollen after he suffers severe allergic reaction from 'just a whiff' nuts

Mail Online | 7/8/2018 | Joe Middleton For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/08/17/4E0A52EE00000578-0-image-a-30_1531066451732.jpg

A mother had the fright of her life after her two-year-old boy suffered an alleged allergic reaction after he took 'just a whiff' of exposed nuts on a low-lying supermarket shelf.

Little Eddison Neville's face began to swell up and blister so badly he was couldn't even open his eyes so he was rushed to hospital.

Nuts - 'help - Section - Lidl - Supermarket

He had been picking at the nuts in the 'help yourself' section while in the local Lidl supermarket with his mother in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.

But just five minutes later little Eddison complained his tongue started to 'feel weird' and his eyes swelled up.

Distraught - Mother - Hannah - Neville - Change

His distraught mother Hannah Neville, 20, is now calling for change so that nuts are packaged and not low enough down for young children to be exposed to.

Hannah said she was not aware of Eddison's allergy to nuts until the incident because he'd never had a problem before.

Parent - Nightmare - Hannah - 'It - Experience

Describing every parent's nightmare Hannah said: 'It was the most terrifying experience of my life.

'It all happened so quickly we were looking at the help yourself section where there's a variety of nuts exposed for you to pick and choose from.

'We - Eddison - Whiff - Rash

'We were all deciding on what nuts we wanted and Eddison just had a whiff while we looked but he'd never even had a rash before so I didn't think twice.

'But two aisles later he started complaining that his tongue felt weird and had gone numb. I just thought he had bitten it, so had a look and thought nothing much of it.

Eyes - Minutes - Face

'However, he started itching his eyes and within five minutes his little face had started to blister and swell up.'

The family were doing their weekly shop at their local Lidl in Scarborough, North Yorkshire at around 7pm last Friday June 29 when the severe reaction took place.

Scarborough - General - Hospital

They rushed to Scarborough General Hospital which thankfully was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!