Martin Shkreli Offers Biotech Research From Prison, Starts A Blog, Teaches Discounting To Convicts

Zero Hedge | 5/5/2015 | Staff
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/2018-07/shkreli%20wink.jpg

"America's most hated man" Martin Shkreli may be serving a 7 year prison sentence (for various offenses among which having the temerity to raise drug prices, something which Pfizer just did today) but that does not mean he has any interest in disappearing from the public spotlight.

To confirm that, on July 1, Shrekli launched a new blog at the martinshkreli.com address (the URL was registered on May 5, 2015 with godaddy) in which he will share "My thoughts on biopharma and other topics like my friendship with my best friend mo she is seriously the best and i love her dog ringo i do not compare to him at all."

Blog - Post

This is how his first blog post begins:

Welcome to my first blog. I’ll be discussing biopharmaceuticals and other topics. I’ll try to mark sections clearly for those who are here for industry commentary as compared to my personal life.

Thoughts - Developments - Biotech - Space - Discount

He then lays out his thoughts on several recent developments in the biotech space, before highlighting that he is now teaching discount rates to convicted felons:

In teaching discount rates to some of the guys here, we find dogma like ‘sovreigns always have less default risk than corporates’, when obviously most S&P 100 companies have lower default risk than the Eastern European countries I come from. Or my notion that a conglomerate should always have (all else being equal) less default risk than an industry-focused company. Certainly GE has more default risk than Amgen. You can slap together a lot of low-margin businesses with leverage and you’re far less safe than a well-run industry leader. But, ceritus paribus, the Novartis move is risk-neutral since healthcare conglomerates aren’t really conglomerates. Having an eye healthcare business isn’t particularly diversifying other than somewhat eliminating concentration risk which naturally comes with scale. GE selling Healthcare markedly increases risk,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Zero Hedge
Wake Up To Breaking News!