MRC’s Bozell Tells Liberals to ‘Rise Up’ Against ‘Radical Left’ Push to ‘Destroy’ Trump Backers

NewsBusters | 6/22/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2018-06-22-fbn-vc-bozell.png

Appearing on Fox Business Network’s Varney & Co. Friday morning, Media Research Center president Brent Bozell called on liberals to denounce the effort by the “radical left” to “censor” and “destroy” any media figure who supports, or even just shows kindness toward, President Trump.

Reacting to Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon being forced to apologize for conducting a friendly interview with Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign – something the late night host routinely does with every guest, including Hillary Clinton – Bozell told host Stuart Varney:

Night - Television - Left - Audience - Audience

I think that late night television has looked to the left to be its audience....The audience they want is a liberal audience and the audience that they have didn’t like it. Didn't like that he was having fun with Donald Trump. And so the fallout was furious against him for doing just that. And as a result, he has to publicly apologize.

Turning to another manufactured controversy over former Boston Celtics player and Turner Sports NBA analyst Kevin McHale “being savaged for being in an arena with the President of the United States” after attending a Trump campaign rally in 2016, Bozell warned: “It’s a fair statement to say that this has never happened in the history of the republic. That there is a movement so radical in America that it would censor and would attempt to destroy the career of anyone in the same room as the President of the United States.”

MRC - President - Pressure - Liberals - Tactics

The MRC president then put pressure on liberals to police their own when it came to such tactics:

I think, you know, liberal – the people that need to rise up at this point are liberals, not conservatives, not moderates. Liberals. Because it is the radical left that I think ultimately is hurting them more than anyone else. This is something George McGovern would never...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!