Does Evangelism Jeopardize Authentic Artistic Expression?

ChristianityToday.com | 6/21/2018 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/82506.jpg?w=1200

When I was young, my mother made a wreath that was composed of natural materials—pinecones, needles, thistles—gathered from places where we had taken family vacations. Setting aside distinctions between art and craft, it has always been evident to me that the wreath possessed certain artistic qualities: an expression of her creative abilities, an intentional work with aesthetic appeal. What became equally evident to me over time was that the wreath functioned in another way.

Hanging on the wall in my parents’ living room as it has for decades now, it acts as a witness to and a reminder of our shared time as a family. Whenever I see it, I feel my feet walking on trails in the early morning, I hear the sound of metal tent stakes being hammered into the ground, I taste roasted marshmallows, and I see the faces of family members, some now gone.

Like other...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChristianityToday.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!