Paul McCartney Joins James Corden for Carpool Karaoke (Watch)

Variety | 6/21/2018 | Debra Birnbaum
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/james-corden-paul-mccartney-carpool-karaoke.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Yes, he can drive his car.

Paul McCartney took the driver’s seat — and the passenger seat — in the latest installment of “Carpool Karaoke,” which aired as part of “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” which is airing this week from London.

Beatle - Seats - Corden - Way - Catalog

The Beatle swapped seats with Corden as they harmonized their way through a catalog of his greatest hits, from “Baby You Can Drive My Car” to “Penny Lane” to “Let It Be” to “Blackbird,” as well as his new song, “Come On to Me.”

McCartney took Corden on a guided tour of his hometown of Liverpool (“I don’t know Liverpool that well,” quipped Corden), as he pointed out local landmarks like the church where he was a choir boy, the Penny Lane street sign (where McCartney added his autograph), and of course the barber shop (where they snapped the first of many selfies). Crowds gathered wherever they went, shaking hands, asking for autographs and often overcome with emotion at seeing McCartney in person.

Conversation - McCartney - Dream - Mother - Everything

Their conversation got emotional as McCartney recounted a dream he’d had where his mother reassured him everything was going to be OK. “Just let it be,” he said she told him in the dream — which of course then inspired the famous song. Their duet left Corden in tears: “That’s the power of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?