Horror at Royal Ascot as race-goers are thrown from a horse-drawn carriage and injured when the animals ‘are spooked by a car horn’ and bolt – with one ploughing through a fashion boutique’s front window

Mail Online | 6/22/2018 | Connor Boyd For Mailonline
sally140353 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/21/22/4D809FCD00000578-0-image-a-9_1529617861108.jpg

A horse pulling a carriage full of racegoers bolted and smashed through a shop window outside Royal Ascot after allegedly being panicked by a car horn.

The horse was one of four pulling a traditional coaching carriage when it slipped at a roundabout on Ascot High Street.

Eyewitnesses - Horses - Clothes - Shop - Window

Eyewitnesses said the horses careered into a clothes shop window, throwing the driver and several people off its high sided carriage.

A section of the window of Natalya Couture was completely smashed with glass lying around the displays and a shutter at the back of the space buckled.

Policeman - Scene - Incident - Horses

A policeman at the scene said he understood the incident involved four horses.

Taxi driver Mohamad Amjad said it appeared that the carriage was coming down the road and potentially was panicked by a horn blowing.

Case - Front - Horses - Shop - Front

He said it seemed to be the case that the front two horses 'slid' into the shop front, adding that one horse appeared badly injured.

'People put towels on to try to control the blood,' he said.

Gary - Copeland - 'Just - Accident - Ascot

Gary Copeland tweeted: 'Just witnessed an awful accident in Ascot, one of the large horse carriages bolted down the high street right in front of me and careered over a roundabout and through a shop window!

'People thrown off and horses jammed in the glass window! Not nice to see.

People - Horses - Window - Side

'I saw several people thrown off, and two of the horses were jammed in the window, it looked like one was down in its side. It didn't look good at all.

'The driver was going so fast, at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!