Nunes: 'All the Subpoenas Are Supposed to Be Complied With This Week'

CNS News | 6/18/2018 | Staff
sheenabeanna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-nunes_3.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - "I think that we have a process to move forward," Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House intelligence committee, told "Sunday Morning Futures" with Maria Bartiromo.

Following a meeting last Friday with FBI Director Christopher Wray, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, House Speaker Paul Ryan and other congressional committee heads, Nunes indicated that he's still not sure what's going to happen:

Staffs - Monday - Subpoenas - Week - Confidence

"Our staffs are supposed to meet on Monday. And all the subpoenas are supposed to be complied with this week. Now, I'm not sure. I have -- my confidence level is extremely low that DOJ and FBI are going to comply. I don't have a lot of confidence.

"However, it was good that the Speaker of the House was there, along with the other two committee chairmen, to make sure that the FBI and DOJ know that they have been put on notice, that we're not going to take no for an answer anymore, and that the subpoenas will be complied with, or the House will have to take other measures."

Nunes - Deadlines - List - Deadlines

Nunes said "multiple deadlines" have come and gone. "I think we went through a list of about 20 outstanding deadlines that have -- that have only partially been met or have not been met at all.

"So -- but the key is, the key takeaway is, that the Speaker of the House wanted to make sure that we essentially reset everything and got back on track to make sure that, this week, all of the outstanding requests are complied with this week."

Documents - Bartiromo - Nunes

"What documents are you looking for?" Bartiromo asked Nunes.

"Well, as you know, we are looking into FISA abuse and other matters," Nunes responded.

He continued:

So, what does this mean is, how did you use our nation's counterintelligence capabilities -- these are capabilities that are used to track terrorists and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: