'An offer you CAN refuse': John Travolta's long-awaited mob film Gotti is savaged by critics who call it 'idiotic' and 'incoherent' as it receives rare ZERO PERCENT score on Rotten Tomatoes

Mail Online | 6/15/2018 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
penaert (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/15/22/4D48A49B00000578-0-image-a-14_1529096588500.jpg

John Travolta's new mob film Gotti has been torn apart by critics after its release following nearly a decade of efforts by the film star to get it off the ground.

In the film, Travolta plays legendary New York mobster John Gotti who was the head of the Gambino crime family.

Story - Life - Son - John - A

It is the story of his life as told by his son John A. Gotti - best known as Junior - and has been hotly anticipated by film fans since Travolta started trying to put it in production nine years ago.

Entourage actor Kevin Connolly is the director and also stars Travolta's real-life wife Kelly Preston. They play a couple on screen too.

Film - Cannes - Film - Festival - May

The film was shown at the Cannes Film Festival in May and failed to impress critics there. After its New York City premiere on Thursday night, the criticism got even worse.

The New York Times labeled it 'idiotic', 'jumbled' and 'incoherent' in places, giving most of the insults to the film's structure than to Travolta's performance.

Crime - Drama - Gotti - Mess - Surprise

'That the long-gestating crime drama Gotti is a dismal mess comes as no surprise.

'What does shock is just how multifaceted a dismal mess it is,' its writer, Glen Kenny, wrote.

Movie - Viewers - Opinion - Percent - Score

The movie is so terrible, in viewers' opinion, it got a rare zero percent score on the Rotten Tomato tomatometer which stands for the number of expert site critics who have approved the movie.

Amateur critics, ie movie watchers, liked it and of 6,536 who had voted by Friday afternoon, 85% said they enjoyed it.

Professionals - Reviews

The professionals' reviews were less merciful.

'Gotti starring John Travolta is just as bad as you might imagine, and then some.

'I - Director - Kevin - Connolly - Series

'I can’t say I blame director Kevin Connolly, who took over from a long series of unfortunate incidents that led to this production.

'Connolly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!