Matthew Wright leaves The Wright Stuff: Presenter is close to tears during emotional final episode before Jeremy Vine takes over

Mail Online | 9/11/2000 | Kate Thomas;Amanda Cashmore For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/14/15/4D3A828C00000578-0-image-a-59_1528986704232.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/14/8924659442685660535/1024x576_MP4_8924659442685660535.mp4

He's been hosting The Wright Stuff for 18 years.

But on Thursday an emotional Matthew Wright, 52, said goodbye to his Channel 5 show and thanked fans and colleagues for their loyalty over the years.

Presenter - Voice - Shook - Tribute - Friends

The veteran presenter's voice shook as he paid tribute to his two friends, Ben Ashwork and Kim Hodge, who died during his time on the show.

In the bittersweet finale, he was gifted a green cake, with a decoration of him fishing, and a bottle of Champagne, and watched a sentimental highlight reel from over the years.

Matthew - Light - Wright - Stuff - 'It

Matthew shed some light on why he was choosing to leave The Wright Stuff, explaining: 'It's very clear because my dad died young - to put a roof over my head.

'So after I did [finished paying] the mortgage, I thought ok. My dad died at my age so I want to do some living.

Bit - Work - Way

'Hopefully a bit of work along the way or I'll be starving.'

BBC presenter Jeremy Vine has been unveiled as the face of the Channel 5 programme in September.

Show - Points - View - Star - Year

The show will be rebranded and renamed when the Points Of View star takes over later this year, but the star will continue to host his BBC Radio 2 show, which pays him £750,000.

Jeremy commented: 'I'm delighted to be carrying on all the conversations he has started, with all the guests he's made me feel I know over the years.

Editorial - Overlap - Agenda - Show - Channel

'Radio 2 has a beautiful editorial overlap with the serious but accessible agenda of this show. I am proud to be Channel 5's choice to front it.'

Ben Frow, director of programmes for Channel 5 said: 'Jeremy Vine is a brilliant broadcaster whose supreme ability to make challenging stories accessible to a wider audience, not to mention his intellect, energy and wit, makes him the perfect choice to present our daily current affairs...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: