Don Jr. says 'it would be stupid' for his dad to answer Mueller's questions in person and warns special counsel could be setting 'ridiculous' perjury trap

Mail Online | 6/14/2018 | Geoff Earle, Deputy U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/14/16/4D3A447100000578-0-image-a-8_1528990278599.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/04/1519741220299715144/1024x576_MP4_1519741220299715144.mp4

Donald Trump Jr. – whose Trump Tower meeting with a Russian lawyer features in special counsel Robert Mueller's probe – said it would be 'stupid' for his father to sit down for an interview with investigators.

Trump Jr., who along with Eric Trump and an executive began running the Trump Organization after the president stepped back from his controlling role shortly before he took office, joined many legal experts counseling his father against an interview.

'I - Fox - News - Thursday - Father

'I wouldn't do it. I think it would be stupid,' he told Fox News on Thursday, shortly after his father returned from Asia for a period of intensified negotiations over whether he will appear before Mueller.

The president's eldest son explained: 'I wouldn’t sit down with them, because you can sit there and ask questions for 50 hours or 100 hours, ask the same thing 100 times and it’s “oh, the comment’s different here. Now we got you!”

Interview - Effort - Trump - Statements

He characterized a potential interview as an effort to entrap Trump into making statements that were 'somewhat off.'

He didn't mention that in a prior court deposition in 2007 for a case where he sued a reporter Trump made a series of false statements.

Mueller - Investigators - Pleas - Trump - Campaign

Mueller's investigators have obtained guilty pleas from Trump campaign aides George Papadopoulos, former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn, and former deputy campaign chair Rick Gates of lying to investigators.

Don Jr., in his interview, was not at all eager for his father to be put in the same position.

People

“I don’t trust these people as far as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!