Alex Wolff Isn’t Interested In A ‘Hereditary’ Sequel [Interview]

The Playlist | 6/14/2018 | Gregory Ellwood
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/AlexWolffHereditary.jpg

Ari Aster’s “Hereditary” is the art-house horror sensation of the summer. Of course, it opened wide in over 2,900 theaters this past weekend, but the critically acclaimed A24 release is much more of a prestige play than “The First Purge” releasing next month. Thanks to Aster’s inspired direction and an impressive ensemble led by the incredible Toni Collette it’s an anxiety-inducing experience that leaves many, for lack of a better word, shook.

One of the film’s less heralded performances is by the actor who plays Collette’s teenage son Peter in the film, Alex Wolff. The 20-year-old first gained notoriety on Nickelodeon alongside his brother Nat Wolff (“Paper Towns“) but has made a name for himself with roles in “Patriot’s Day,” “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2” and”Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.” It’s something of an understatement to say he takes his acting skills to another level in “Hereditary.”

Wolff - Phone - Yesterday - Reaction - Hereditary

Wolff jumped on the phone yesterday to talk about the reaction to “Hereditary,” his experience making it, and whether he’d ever consider a sequel.

Please note: There are major spoilers in the context of this interview. Do not read further if you’re going to be frustrated over discovering a major plot point for the film.

You’ve been warned.

Gregory Ellwood: Let’s talk about this movie! You had the premiere at Sundance. You’ve been waiting all this time for it to come out in theaters. Now that it’s been released have you been going on social media wanting to see what people think?

Alex - Wolff - Media - Texts - Friends

Alex Wolff: You know, I try and avoid that as much as possible. I’ve been posting my own social media and I’ve been basically getting texts from friends and messages from family and from basically everybody. So, that’s a good sign. People that I really respect just saying, “Hey man, ‘Hereditary.'” A lot of times you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!