How I Format My Sermon Outline

ChurchLeaders | 6/14/2018 | Staff
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/6.14howIformat.jpg

For over a decade I have tried to find the best way to format my sermon notes. I’ve asked some of the greatest living known preachers how they do it and if I could see theirs. I research and read about others notes (of which Josh Harris has one of the best blogs on this topic). Although I have been swayed a time or two to try something new, for the most part I have used the same format all these years.

I am well aware of the fact that a preachers notes are very personal to him and they may never be of any help to anyone else… mine included. However, as I’ve collected other people sermon notes like baseball cards and glean even the smallest bit of help from all of them, I thought it was time to share mine (if for no other reason then to convince other preachers that their system was much cleaner and better). I’ve now posted a Sermon Notes section to this site where all my sermon notes will be posted after I preach them. This section will grow with time.

Structure - Outline - Thing - Pulpit

The structure of my “Outline” (the thing I take in the pulpit) is as follows:

The title of the series and the sermon is always on top. This allows me to keep it filed correctly by series.

Point - CAPS

Then I have my main point and my “Sub-mains” in ALL CAPS. These are usually...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!
Tagged: