Nunes: Only Speaker Ryan or Trump Can Force Rosenstein to Turn Over Subpoenaed Documents

CNS News | 6/14/2018 | Staff
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-nunes_1.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - "What people should be concerned about the most right now is obstruction of a valid congressional investigation by the Department of Justice," Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House intelligence committee, told Fox News's Sean Hannity Wednesday night.

Nunes said he's run out of patience with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is still refusing to turn over subpoenaed documents that may shed light on FISA abuse.

Nunes - Ways - Rosenstein - Hand

Nunes said as of now, there are only two ways to force Rosenstein's hand:

"One, we can hold Mr. Rosenstein and others at the Department of Justice in contempt and impeach. The other way would be for the President of the United States to demand them, to order them, to give us all the documents. Those are really the only two ways that we can get those documents."

Hannity - Nunes - Rosenstein

Hannity asked Nunes if he's willing to go as far as impeaching Rosenstein:

"Look, I already wanted to move to contempt months ago. The speaker of the House believes he can work with DOJ, and we're going to continue to try to work that path tomorrow (Thursday). But I can tell you that my patience has run out. I have none left. And now it's really up to the leadership of the house and the President of the United States in order to make sure that our subpoena gets complied with."

Nunes - Committee - FISA - Abuse - Matters

Nunes noted that the committee he chairs has been investigating FISA abuse and other matters for a year and a half: "We now are at the end. We need documents to actually get to the bottom of what actually happened in this situation."

But the Justice Department is obstructing, Nunes said: Not only has the Trump Justice Department kicked out the intelligence committee's lead investigators and staff -- "now they have kicked out all the House intelligence...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!