Living the Dream: An Interview with Voddie Baucham

Tim Challies | 6/14/2018 | Staff
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Living-the-Dream.png

Tim: I come all the way to Lusaka, Zambia. Who do I run into, but Voddie Baucham. What are you doing in Lusaka?

Voddie: Living the dream man.

Dean - Theological - Education - African - Christian

I’m actually serving as Dean of Theological Education at African Christian University here in Lusaka. Been here, it’ll be three years in August, believe it or not, that we’ve actually been here. So, just helping the Reformed Baptists of Zambia start a university.

Tim: Now, how did that come about? You’re pastoring in Houston, and then suddenly you’re living in Zambia, involved in higher education. How did that go down?

Voddie - Zambia - Time - August - Conference

Voddie: I came to Zambia for the first time in 2006. And I came to preach at the August conference that the Reformed Baptists put on here every year. I was actually introduced to that conference through Paul Washer, whose a mutual friend. A friend of Conrad’s, a friend of mine. Came here and preached. Spent two weeks traveling and preaching and doing various things. And, there was a fit here unlike anywhere else that I’d ever been. Unlike any other thing that I’d ever been involved in. And when I went home, you know my wife asked me how the trip was. And I told her, I said, I think I want to be buried there. It just … I seemed to fit here. I didn’t know how, I didn’t know when, but I knew that I would be involved in the work that the Lord was doing here. I was blown away by what had been happening here over the last three decades with this vibrant Reformed Baptist movement. This indigenous Reformed Baptist movement, it just … And then, when the opportunity presented itself, you know, God just sort of made it clear to me, my wife and our elders, all at the same...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!