Leslie Grantham, 71, looks frail on set of gangster movie four months before 'gravely ill' star was admitted to hospital

Mail Online | 6/14/2018 | Rebecca Lawrence;Joanna Crawley For Mailonline
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/14/09/4D36A8E800000578-0-image-a-4_1528963222271.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2015/06/1418450360_4269697147001_4269416404001.mp4

Leslie Grantham was pictured looking frail as he filmed scenes for an upcoming gangster movie, four months before he was admitted to hospital.

The former EastEnders villain, 71, is gravely ill and recently sold his Bulgarian home before returning to Britain knowing 'he wouldn't be going back'.

February - Star - Movie - Krays - Man

In February, the star was pictured filming for new movie, The Krays: Dead Man Walking, alongside co-star Marc Pickering.

The star was seen bundled up in a black overcoat and hat as he ran lines with his co-star whilst filming in Highgate Woods, London.

Grantham - Nipper - Read - Film - Policeman

Grantham plays Nipper Read in the new film, the policeman responsible for the conviction of Ronnie and Reggie Kray.

Rita Simons, Guy Henry, Darren Day and Nathan John Carter complete the star-studded cast, with the film expected to be released in December.

Monday - EastEnders - Villain - Hospital - Home

On Monday it was revealed the EastEnders villain is gravely ill in hospital and recently sold his Bulgarian home before returning to Britain knowing 'he wouldn't be going back'.

The actor who played hardman 'Dirty' Den Watts in the BBC soap looked 'gaunt, frail and grey' recently, neighbours and close friends have said.

Mr - Grantham - Agent - Client - Care

Mr Grantham's agent has said her client 'remains poorly and is being taken care of by medical staff' but will not reveal the nature of his illness.

The actor returned to the UK from Bulgaria having moved abroad following the breakdown of his marriage after 31 years.

Sex - Scandal - Sex - Act - Webcam

A sex scandal where he was caught performing a sex act on a webcam led to three failed suicide attempts.

One friend who lives close to Mr Grantham said the star was 'frail' and 'gaunt' as recently as 'four or five weeks ago'.

MailOnline - Actor - 'I - Les - 'I

He told MailOnline the actor was open about being ill: 'I said to him, 'you alright Les?'. He said: 'I'm fine'. He was positive about it all He didn't have much...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!