6 Tips for Playing or Working Well with Others

Orange Leaders | 6/14/2018 | Matt Norman
vegdancer18 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/05/iStock-668440484.jpg

I remember when I was in high school, and even into college, I hated group projects. They always seemed to go the same way. One or two members of the group did all the work, and the entire group received the same credit. Or, one or two members would fail to do their part and would bring the entire group down with them in the process.

Why would teachers do this? It just seemed cruel and unnecessary. However, as an adult, I now understand that working together with others, sometimes even in a team environment, is an actual part of life. Unlike some of the things that I might have learned, or not learned, in math classes, learning the dynamics and how to work together with people is something that you will actually use in life.

Morning - Desk - Truth - Job - Planet

Ironically, as I write this, it is early in the morning and I am sitting at my desk, working by myself. But, the truth is that in pretty much every job on the planet you will have to deal with and work with other people. So, here are six tips for playing—or working—well with others.

Remember you were bad once too.

Thing - People - Difference - Skill - Experience

Sometimes the hardest thing about working with other people can be the difference in skill or experience level. For someone who has been doing a certain job or task for any length of time it can be difficult to tolerate working with someone who lacks that same level of experience. However, what we often fail to consider is that there was a time when WE were new too. There was a time when WE didn’t know what to do, or how to do it.

One way to help ensure you work well with others is to remember that you were bad once. When...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......
Tagged: