5 Signs You’re Not the Leader You Think You Are

ChurchLeaders | 6/13/2018 | Staff
townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/6.14.CC.HOME_.NotLeaderTHought.jpg

Leadership is a funny thing. Some are thrust into positions we never thought we could handle. Some are natural leaders who rise to the top. Many small business owners, pastors and entrepreneurs assume the title of ‘leader’ without ever actually taking time to think about what that means. I’m not the most experienced person in the world, but I have seen lots of bad leaders in action. From the military to ministry and business, I’ve seen ineffective leaders try to force their titles down other people’s throats or worse.

I think the biggest issue with leadership in today’s world is that most people simply lack self-awareness. Being self-aware is the single biggest key to leadership. Argue if you want, but you would be wrong. Without self-awareness, you cannot make good decisions. Without self-awareness, you cannot see your weaknesses. Without self-awareness, you cannot accurately find or fix problems in your organization. No leader can be perfect. Every leader has weaknesses. If you are not aware of yours, if you can’t find people to complement those weaknesses, then you are in for a long, rough ride as a so-called leader.

Following - Warning - Signs - Head - Leader

The following are a few warning signs that you might be over your head as a leader. If you’re taking the time to read this, I strongly encourage you to be honest. Ask yourself if you are exhibiting any of these signs and if there is anything you can do to change.

Every leader will fail. That is a given. No leader, no matter how great, will reach their goals every time. Leaders who consistently fail are not leaders, no matter how badly you want them to be. If you’re a pastor or church leader who sets attendance or participation goals and year after year you fail to reach them, you need to look in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: