Church Planting in the Heart of Japan

The Gospel Coalition | 6/14/2018 | Staff
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/tgc-web/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/08134733/japan-a29.jpg

Japan is the second-least-reached nation in the world. With a population of 125 million, just 0.58 percent are evangelical Christians.

Approximately 38 million people live in the greater Tokyo area, making it one of the largest cities in the world. A few years ago, God called my wife and I to Tokyo to plant a church. We believed the promise: “The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.” (Hab. 2:14).

Tokyo - Gospel

We long to see Tokyo saturated with and restored by the gospel.

In the first few years of our time in Tokyo, I felt called to work a normal job so that I could be involved in people’s everyday lives. God provided me with work in home care, where I helped care for the elderly and disabled in our area.

Job - Patience - Gospel - Wise - Times

My job often required patience. I longed to speak the gospel, but had to do so at wise and appropriate times. After a year of caring for a man with ALS, I felt compelled by the Spirit to speak with him about Jesus.

Since he couldn’t move his body, he blinked to receive Jesus as his Savior. God brought us this man as the first member of our church family.

Body - Jesus - Savior - God - Man

Since he couldn’t move his body, he blinked to receive Jesus as his Savior. God brought us this man as the first member of our church family. Although ALS had destroyed his body, he served our church faithfully in prayer.

In our church plant’s early days, I often asked God to help me understand the story of this city. One day, the Spirit led me to visit the park near my house. I met a group of elderly people who were organizing a city festival. As I listened, I noticed they needed younger people to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Gospel Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.