Sexual Assault Allegation Against Sylvester Stallone Being Reviewed by L.A. District Attorney

PEOPLE.com | 2/8/2016 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/gettyimages-509070256.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1417.5px&resize=1200,630

Sylvester Stallone is facing an investigation after the Los Angeles County District Attorney Office launched a review into a possible sexual assault case against the actor.

Santa Monica Police had been investigating the allegation and, on Wednesday, forwarded the case for filing consideration, Los Angeles County DA Office spokesperson Greg Risling told PEOPLE.

DA - Office - Timetable - Review - Nature

The DA added that the office does not have a timetable for the review, and declined to comment on the nature of the case.

A woman did file a police report to the Santa Monica Police Department in December, claiming Stallone sexually assaulted her in the 1990s, according to The Hollywood Reporter, which noted that the actor disputed the claims through his lawyer at the time.

Lawyer - Marty - Singer - PEOPLE - Request

His lawyer Marty Singer did not immediately return PEOPLE’s request for comment on Wednesday in regards to the allegations.

The actor was also accused of sexual assault by a 16-year-old girl who claimed he and his bodyguard forced her to have sex with them in a Las Vegas hotel room in 1986. The claims then surfaced late last year and published in the Daily Mail.

Actor - Spokespeople - Claim - PEOPLE

The actor, through his spokespeople, denied that claim to PEOPLE.

“This is a ridiculous, categorically false story,” the star’s spokeswoman, Michelle Bega, told PEOPLE in a statement at the time. “No one was ever aware of this story until it was published… At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!