Upside to Smoking Weed and Making Out at Church

Rick Thomas | 6/13/2018 | Rick Thomas
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/RMlogoUpsidetoSmokingWeedandMakingOutatChurch.jpg

What do McDonald’s, Walmart, your local high school or Christian school, any back alley, and your church facility have in common? I suppose there are several ways to answer this question. How about this? You can make out or smoke weed in any of these contexts.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

Weed - Church

Smoking weed at church?

Do kids make out in the parking lot at church?

Time

Yes. They do it all the time.

I have counseled scores of teens, many of whom have told we how and where they chose to sin. Two of the more common places are their Christian schools and their local church buildings. I’m not surprised.

Church - Experience - Opportunity - Pot - Deacon

I remember my early church going experience as an opportunity to find pot from the deacon’s children. I’m not singling out the deacons or any other church leader. It just happens to be the deacon’s children at my church had good weed.

Many other kids had good weed too. Your local church is not a sin-free zone any more than your local McDonald’s or WalMart. Sin does not care about context. It only cares about captivating the souls of men and women (James 1:14-15).

Enemy - Places - Worship - Dirty - Work

Should we be surprised if the enemy invades our places of worship to do their dirty work? Any good tactician would want to penetrate their adversary’s territory to weaken their defenses.

At times we use sentimental or traditional language when we talk about our local church building. This can create a disconnect from sound theology. For example, we like the word sanctuary as a label for where we congregate to worship the Lord.

Word - Sense - Sanctuary - Room - Meeting

It’s not a wrong word as long as we understand in the most technical sense the sanctuary is just a room. The meeting place does not make you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: