To Grow a Healthy Church, Become a Healthier Leader

ChurchLeaders | 6/13/2018 | Staff
roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/6.13healthyleader.jpg

When you become a pastor, you become a leader.

I’m often asked specifics about my administrative style, but I think leadership style is just as important. Understanding basic, universal leadership concepts is essential to your success.

Facts - Leadership

Here are six non-negotiable facts about leadership . . .

1. Nothing happens until someone provides leadership for it.

Law - Life - Instance - Civil - Rights

This is a law of life. For instance, the Civil Rights Movement made little progress until a man came along named Martin Luther King Jr., who said, “I have a dream.” The NASA space program was quite limited until John F. Kennedy said, “We’re going to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade.”

Saddleback Church started because God said, “Rick, I want you to be a leader and get the thing off the ground.” When problems arise in your own family, nothing happens until somebody assumes leadership and says, “We’re going to do something about it.”

Everything - Leadership - Problems - Lack - Leadership

Everything rises or falls on leadership, and many problems can be traced to a lack of competent leadership.

I believe one of the greatest problems today is a leadership shortage within our churches.

Leadership - Influence

2. Leadership is influence.

If I had to summarize leadership in one word, it would be influence — for good or for bad.

Playground - School - Minutes - Leaders - Leaders

Have you ever watched a playground at school? Within about five minutes you can usually determine who the leaders are — and whether they’re good leaders or bad ones.

In 1 Timothy 4:12, Paul told Timothy, “And don’t let anyone put you down because you’re young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity” (The Message).

Age - Nothing - Leadership - Influence - Age

Age has nothing to do with leadership. You can be an influence at any age, and you’re a role model whether you like it or not.

Subscribe to ChurchLeaders!

Test - Leadership - Anybody

3. The test of leadership is, is anybody following?

If you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: