10 Bizarre Facts About North Korea

Charisma Magazine | 7/8/1994 | Staff
ashb0101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.charismamag.com/images/stories/2018/blogs/Fire_in_My_Bones/Kim-Jong-Un.jpg

Last month, I wrote a column about North Korea in which I predicted that, sooner or later, the repressive "hermit kingdom" will fling open its doors to Christianity and join the 21st century. Many readers pushed back with strong criticism, either because they don't trust Kim Jong Un or because they don't trust President Trump's negotiating skills.

But I'm sticking to my prediction. I personally believe North Korea's future is not in the hands of Kim, Trump or any other human. I believe the sovereign Lord of the nations is engineering this miracle because He wants to reach the millions of people who have been starved, oppressed and brainwashed by North Korea's leaders for too long.

Agreement - Kim - Trump - June - Singapore

Regardless of what you think of the agreement that was signed by Kim and Trump on June 12 in Singapore, I believe there is cause for genuine celebration. Yes, the details were fuzzy. Yes, there were a lot of what ifs and maybes. But if we step back and study how strange North Korea is—and how backward and barbaric—we would realize that we are witnessing a historic breakthrough.

Consider these bizarre facts about this nation of 25 million:

Christians - North - Korea - Steamrollers - Fires

1. Christians in North Korea have been crushed by steamrollers and roasted over fires. North Korea has the world's worst record of religious persecution. Christian Solidarity International has reported that believers in Jesus are routinely taken to prison camps where they are tortured, subjected to forced labor or herded off bridges. One source has reported that women and children were forced to watch other Christians being shot by machine guns. Possession of a Bible is considered a crime punishable by death.

2. As many as 3 million North Koreans starved in the 1990s. The economy is so poor that more than 6 million people are malnourished today, and one-third of all...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Charisma Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: