Time Travel and Biblical Contradictions

finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/719/2018/06/tardis_jerusalem.jpg

Pete Enns recently mentioned time travel in connection with a tension between stories about how David and Saul first met:

It’s possible that Saul is simply a moron, like the boss who can’t seem to remember the name of the mailroom guy—but that explanation just doesn’t feel right. In chapter 17, David came out of nowhere, slayed the giant, and neither Commander Abner nor King Saul knew him, and so David introduced himself to the king.

David - Uh - King - One - Day

David doesn’t answer, “Uh . . . dear king . . . I’m the one who follows you around all day with a lyre to calm your nerves. I’m also your armor bearer. I’m sort of a big deal in your life.”

As you may recall, I blogged some years ago about the potential for time travel to provide solutions to biblical contradictions. This is what I proposed as a way for Doctor Who to be utilized to reconcile the accounts of Judas’ death in Matthew and Acts:

Judas - Information - Jesus - Passover - Night

Judas sold the information about where Jesus would be on Passover night to the authorities for 30 pieces of silver. He then went without remorse and bought a field. While inspecting it, he tripped and fatally injured himself. While he was lying there in pain,...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!