Claire McCaskill used private plane during much-touted RV 'road trip'

The Washington Times | 5/17/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2018/06/12/AP_18137733650790_s2048x1365.jpg?157fd7a2b2da4a762ebf407a263d15da8e5779ba

The McCaskill campaign bus apparently hit the … air.

In a report Tuesday, the Washington Free Beacon determined that the private plane of Sen. Claire McCaskill, Missouri Democrat, took the same routes as her much-touted “Big Blue” RV for a May 29-31 tour by “Veterans for Claire” in the week following Memorial Day. Mrs. McCaskill said then that she was “very excited to hit the road.”

Report - Free - Beacon - Brett - Scher

But according to a report by the Free Beacon’s Brett Scher, based on flight-data crowd-sourcing sites, the campaign’s plane traveled between the same Missouri towns the RV did.

“On Tuesday, May 29, for example, McCaskill’s tour took her from Waynesville in central Missouri, west to Springfield, and then further west to nearby Joplin, according to the campaign’s blog. The plane, according to the tracking data for the day, took the same route as the campaign RV,” Mr. Scher wrote.

Similarities - Leg - Road - Trip - Beacon

There were more similarities for all but the last leg of the “road trip,” the Free Beacon reported.

The McCaskill campaign did not respond to the Free Beacon’s request for comments or details and as a result, it could not determine whether Mrs. McCaskill was herself in the air during her meet-the-voters road trip.

Beacon - Article - Mrs - McCaskill - Story

After the Free Beacon published its article though, Mrs. McCaskill spoke personally about the story to a friendlier journalistic outlet — a classic Washington spin tactic — and told Politico that the Free Beacon report was “not accurate” and “election-year silliness.”

“Anybody could have followed me. They could have seen when I got off the RV and when I went and got on the airplane,” she said.

Mrs - McCaskill - Use - Plane - Fact

However, while Mrs. McCaskill disputed whether she tried to hide her use of the plane, she confirmed that she did in fact use it.

“I added some stops with the use of the plane, but I was on the RV so much that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Washington Times
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.