EPIC: Africa (with Special Guests Voddie Baucham & Conrad Mbewe)

Tim Challies | 6/12/2018 | Staff
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/my_post_5_.jpg

My round-the-world EPIC journey recently took me to Zambia, Zimbabwe, and South Africa. This trip involved 9 planes, 20,000 miles of flying, hours of driving, and a whole lot of walking. Here’s just some of what I saw and experienced as I searched for the history of Christianity in that beautiful part of the world.

This video is made with special thanks to Zondervan Academic Online Courses. They’re making it easier than ever to get a world class theological education. Learn more at http://ZondervanAcademic.com/Challies.

Tim - Video - Thanks - Zondervan - Academic

Tim: This video’s made possible with special thanks to Zondervan Academic online courses. They’re making it easier than ever to get a world-class theological education. I’ll tell you a little bit more about their project in just a moment.

I’m here at African Christian University in Lusaka, Zambia. I’m here with Conrad Mbewe and we’re talking about the history of Christianity in this part of the world.

Conrad - David - Livingston - Nutshell - Things

Conrad: Yes, David Livingston, to put it in a nutshell, is highly respected here. Two quick things; first of all, when Zambia became independent in 1964, a lot of our cities were named after other cities and individuals out in the United Kingdom. When Zambia became independent all those cities, towns were changed to African names, except Livingston. This is now over 50 years later. You never hear anybody say, hey, what are we still doing with a town with a foreign name? Nobody says that. Everybody still has that respect for him.

Tim: I come all the way to Lusaka, Zambia. Who do I run into, but Voddie Baucham. What are you doing in Lusaka?

Voddie - Dream - Man - Dean - Theological

Voddie: Living the dream, man. I’m actually serving as Dean of Theological Education at African Christian University, here in Lusaka. I’ve been here, it will be three years in August, believe it or not, that we’ve actually been here....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!